Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Coconut Madness

So I ate a coconut tonight. I really like coconuts but every time I eat one I wonder how in hell native people and stranded islander in movies eat them.

Here I am in my backyard with a pitchfork like object and a butcher knife and I barely manage to open the coconut without chopping off my hand or spilling the coconut water or both. It's a ridiculous sight if you were to watch me.

If I were stranded on an Island with nothing but coconut trees I would probably cry because I know that I would die trying to open coconuts and even if I managed to succeed I would probably use more energy than the damn coconut would give me. Then again if you read about coconuts in health books they're like a miracle fruit and could probably grow you a new hand if you cut yours off opening one.

Screw kitchen tools. Next time I'm gonna bust out a power drill and chain saw. Then lets see whose boss.

No comments: